Entering and Paying Bill

Edwin Humphries humphries.edwin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 23:09:09 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm a GnuCash newbie; just given up on Turbocash as too arcane for a
non-accountant Treasurer of a small non-profit group.

I've set up the chart of accounts and opening balances and entered a budget.

I've created a vendor, entered a bill against them, and when I go to
process payment, I get an error message "You have no valid "Post To"
accounts. Please create an account of type "A/Payable" before you
continue to process this payment. Perhaps you want to create an Invoice
or Bill first?"; I've created an Accounts Payable account under
Liabilities, but the same message appears. The Bill shows up on the Find
Bills window, but not on the Porocess Payments window. If I try and
Process Payments fro the Find Bill window, I'm back with the error.

If someone can advise where to go from here, it would be great.

Edwin Humphries