Still a question or two about the mailing list.

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 18:04:59 EST 2015

David,

Hopefully this won't confuse you further :-)  What Colin is saying (correct
me if I'm wrong here Colin :-) is that you will be better off using the
Gnucash mailing list directly.  At the moment you are subscribed to Nabble
which mirrors the actual GnuCash mailing list and gives it a Forum like
appearance - this means that you can post emails and/or reply to emails via
Nabble but while each of your posts may show up in Nabble immediately they
still have to go thru the moderation process to reach the actual gnucash
user list (is that correct Liz?).

So if you are happy to use a mailing list instead of the forum look that
Nabble provides you could :-

guess you'll have to login to Nabble by clicking the Login link at the top
right of this page and entering you user name and password and then
presumably there's some sort of unsubscribe option ? I don't know as I've
never user Nabble - making assumptions here which is never a good idea !!!

2.  Subscribe to the actual GnuCash User mailing list by going to
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user and entering your
email address, your name (optional) and a password of your own choosing.
You can also choose to receive a daily digest of emails which means you
will only get one email each day with all of that days emails in it.  If
you don't select the digest option you will get emails during the day as
they are posted to the mailing list.  The advantage of using the mailing
list directly is that Liz only has to approve your subscription once and
after that your emails won't be awaiting moderation they will be posted
immediately unless you misbehave :-)

Once you have subscribed to the GnuCash User mailing list and been approved
- I can't remember how that happens now - you may just get a confirmation
email that you have to reply to or click a link in the body of the email to
confirm your email address is correct.  Once you've been confirmed you can
just use the reply all/reply to list function in your email reader to reply
to emails or to create a new email send it to gnucash-user at gnucash.org
which is the posting address for the mailing list as explained at
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user.

Hoping this also helps somewhat,

Cheers Dave H.