Mac OS/X, Gnucash 2.6.5 get quotes very slow

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sun Feb 15 14:08:03 EST 2015

sdrach <drach at itsit.org> writes:

> That only leave FQ 1.37.  Now I'm stuck.  How do I downgrade FQ to 1.35?

on command prompt run this:

  perldoc -lm Finance::Quote

this should return the full path to the Quote.pm file. Manually delete
the whole Finance directory (directory which holds Quote.pm). You just
uninstalled Finance::Quote.

Now go to the cpan site and download the tar.gz file for FQ
1.35. Untargz it, then go in the directory you just untarred and:

  perl Makefile.PL
  make
  make install

That's it.

But... I just runned the FQ testfiles for yahoo sites on my system and
the whole bunch of tests passes on 7.91s which is quite normal for all
the quotes to be retrieved by the tests.

Again, please sent me the quotes you want to retrieve (now I know it's
from yahoo) so I can check this out..

best
--
erik colson