Mac OS/X, Gnucash 2.6.5 get quotes very slow

Steve Drach drach at itsit.org
Sun Feb 15 14:44:03 EST 2015

>> That only leave FQ 1.37.  Now I'm stuck.  How do I downgrade FQ to 1.35?
>

> That's it.

I did that.  And it fixed my problem!  To be precise, for me Finance::Quote 1.37 seems to hang for about 50-55 seconds even though the actual roundtrip times to retrieve the quotes are about 0.5 seconds.  On the other hand Finance::Quote 1.35 retrieves and displays quotes in about 2-3 seconds.  This is with both GNC 2.6.4 and 2.6.5.

> Again, please sent me the quotes you want to retrieve (now I know it's
> from yahoo) so I can check this out..

I will.  I can’t think of an easy way to do this.  I will try to extract the data from the IP packets displayed by wireshark.  Perhaps there’s a SQL command I can run?

> best

Thank you so much for helping me debug this problem.  I’ll get you the list of desired quotes and I’m willing to help you figure why I am having problems with FQ 1.37.

Steve