Paying Invoices

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:21:16 EST 2015

On Feb 18, 2015, at 3:06 PM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> Hi Victor,
>
> You seem be have gotten caught up in lot-link proliferation. All versions of gnucash between 2.6.0 and 2.6.4 were very liberal in creating lot links for business transactions and you could eventually end up with lots of pre-payments in different directions.
>
> The best solution IMO is to
> 1. upgrade to version 2.6.5

Tried that.  I think I’d been waiting due some comments about instability on the MacOS.  But I went ahead and downloaded it.
When I opened the file using 2.6.5, it crashed.  Consistently.
I re-opened using 2.6.3, closed all the tabs except the account tree and closed.
Then opening with 2.6.5 worked without crashing.

> 2. select your AR account in the account hierarchy (but don't open its register - in fact close the register if it's still open)
> 3. run "check&repair selected account”

How long should this take?  I’ve had the spinning lollipop for over an hour now.