Paying Invoices

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Feb 19 03:18:26 EST 2015

On Wednesday 18 February 2015 19:21:16 R. Victor Klassen wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2015, at 3:06 PM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
> > Hi Victor,
> >
> > You seem be have gotten caught up in lot-link proliferation. All
> > versions of gnucash between 2.6.0 and 2.6.4 were very liberal in
> > creating lot links for business transactions and you could
> > eventually end up with lots of pre-payments in different
> > directions.
> >
> > The best solution IMO is to
> > 1. upgrade to version 2.6.5
>
> Tried that.  I think I’d been waiting due some comments about
> instability on the MacOS.  But I went ahead and downloaded it. When I
> opened the file using 2.6.5, it crashed.  Consistently. I re-opened
> using 2.6.3, closed all the tabs except the account tree and closed.
> Then opening with 2.6.5 worked without crashing.
>
> > 2. select your AR account in the account hierarchy (but don't open
> > its register - in fact close the register if it's still open) 3.
> > run "check&repair selected account”
>
> How long should this take?  I’ve had the spinning lollipop for over an
> hour now.

That seems quite long to me.

On my system (Fedora 20, 3+ year old hardware) it only took a minute or so.

Can you post the trace file that gets generated while running check & repair ? And also the log
replay file. If you consider the last one to contain sensitive information, feel free to send it to
me in private.

Geert