Canada Pension Plan

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:52:08 EST 2015

OK, thanks everyone for the enlightening discussion. I agree that I should
treat CPP payments as an expense. I should also look for some other tool to
help me with retirement planning, and use GnuCash as a source of some of
the data to input into that tool.

One minor issue: I tried deleting the asset account I was using to hold my
CPP contributions, assuming that I would have an opportunity to move all
the transactions at once to an expense account. I was given the opportunity
to move the transactions, but not to any expense account, only to asset
accounts IIRC. Isn't that a bit limiting? I ended up patiently moving each
transaction by hand.