Setting a car loan

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Feb 21 23:04:03 EST 2015

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 18:12:24 -0600
Edward Doolittle <edward.doolittle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps my experience is peculiar to Canada. I've never understood,
> for instance, why electronic banking in Canada can't just go on
> during weekends and holidays, and why it could take 3 business days
> (which could be 6 days!) for my electronic bill payments to arrive,
> even though they depart instantaneously. I imagine some wizened old
> bankers in the basement printing out my payment requests and dropping
> them in a pneumatic tube ...

Same in Australia. For some reason the paying out of money can't occur
unless the wheezy old gentlemen are there to count it out.

We, in this part of the world, think it is actually bankers playing
with the cash on the short term money market, making heaps of cash
instead of handing it over promptly.

So Paypal pays straight away, any day, any time.
Eftpos is transferred about midnight, every day (that's when our
machine prints out a "settlement")
Bpay (electronic banking transfer) takes about 3 days to arrive at the
account. http://bpay.com.au/