Multiple businesses ?

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 09:40:27 EST 2015

Sun, 22 Feb 2015 13:10:50
<7975322.Ai8yL2BKiN at calufrax.nottingham.standbyevents.co.uk>  Maf. King
<maf at chilwell.net>

>On Sun 22 February 15 23:26:00 Russell wrote:
>> Can I run separate (multiple) businesses with GnuCash ?
>> -  or is GnuCash limited to one business ?
>>
>> I have two separate businesses that I run independently of each other
>>
>> Quickbooks PRO (2000 edition) ... Inuit? ... I could manage any number
>> of businesses
>>
>> Thank you
>> -  my first "post" with GnuCash :)
>>

>Hi Russell,
>
>Welcome to the list.
>
>You can have as many sets of accounts (each one is it's own data file) using
>GnuCash.  Just be aware that some preferences are global, though, such as
>default accounting period.

Presuming Win as the OS GnuCash Portable
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/gnucash_portable
is one way of maintaining multiple books / sets of accounts with
disparate settings independently of each other though normal rules about
running more than one instance of GnuCash at once still apply, of
course.

--
Wm...