Budgeting and loans

YeOldHinnerk HRamthun at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 09:18:47 EST 2015

In general, the loan wizard should allow you to do this. However, there are a
few limitations:
- If I remember correctly, the wizzard assumes, that you pay off the loan
completely within the given time. If you for example have a final lump sum
payment, then all values will be off. You can manually correct this by
extending the scheduled split transaction:
   - First subtract the lump sum from the initial loan amount. Use this
value for the wizzard. Make sure no bookings are created yet, or you will
have to correct them all.
   - Second, edit the scheduled split transaction to account for the missing
interest on the lump sum.
   - Finally, enter the lump sum payment manually (either when due or using
a future date).

- It isn't easy to change anything during the loan contract. Some contract
for example allow for to decrease or increase the amount owed with a certain
limit by extra payments / payout. I'm not quite sure yet, but my impression
is that it is easiest to treat this as a new loan and delete the old
scheduled transcation (but not the past bookings of course).

I'm not sure where budgets enter the scene?

Best,

YeOldHinnerk