Reconciliation

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:18:05 EST 2015

Andy,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Andy Pastuszak <apastuszak at gmail.com>
> To: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:15:57 -0500
> Subject: Re: Reconciliation
> Ok, I think I found the problem.  It seems there is a T-Num and Num field.
> When Double Line is turned off.  The only available field is Num and not
> T-Num.  So, as I keyed in transactions, I put them in the Num field, as I
> would think anyone would.  Even if you go double line, the T-Num box is
> below the Num box is isn't likely to be used by someone.
>
> Andy

You may have found a bug. Your comment implies that you set the option in
File->Properties to use the split action field as the displayed number. Is
that correct?

I implemented that feature in gnucash recently. I may have left out of the
reconciliation code the logic to reflect that choice. I will look into that
in the next few days and, if so, fix it so that it works correctly in the
next release.

Regards,

Alex