Paypal

Egbert van der Wal ewal at pointpro.nl
Mon Feb 23 15:51:26 EST 2015

I don't use PayPal as a bank account, nevertheless, sometimes money will stay
in there for a while. Paybacks, sometimes people give me some money through
paypal (eg ebay). So I do model it as a bank account in gnucash.

This also makes sure that the transaction dates in gnucatch match those on my
bank statement, but the transaction dates also match the payment dates on the
receipt of any purchase through PayPal. This is not possible without modelling
PayPal as a separate account since the money is deducted from PayPal
immediately but PayPal doesn't deduct it from my bank account for another
couple of days.

Difference between bank and cash is negligible but it resembles a bank account
mostly so I just put it there.

Egbert