Paypal

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Feb 24 04:21:14 EST 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:11:31 -0500
Andy Pastuszak <apastuszak at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the best way to set up an GNUcash for Paypal?  Should I make a
> Bank account or a Cash account?
>
> Andy

For many years I didn't have a Paypal account within gnucash, but this
year I have decided to do so, after running into difficulties
reconciling refunds which were cross-currency.
Now I have a Paypal account in gnucash, probably a bank account type.
I enter the paypal transaction and then on the line below the payment
to paypal from the other account. Twice the work, but reconciling is
easier.