To convert American Express CSV to QIF

Wes Metz wes704 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:28:20 EST 2015

Michael, I never used xl2qif for more than a few transactions and had to
correct entries after the import. After your experience, I went at it again
and was able to make it work correctly. The documentation is not very good
so I will describe how I use it.

I get the transactions I want to import into a three column, excel sheet
containing the date, vendor and amount. (Credit Card charges must be a
negative number; credits and payments positive.) I select only the cells
that will be imported (no column headers or row labels).

Then I start xl2qif. Set the *QIF Output File *to something that makes
sense to you. Make sure the *Input Data *is what you selected. *Clear
*the *Fields
present in Input Data. *Select the following fields in this order: *Date,
Payee, Amount. *Verify the *Account Type *and *Date Format*. *Convert *and
import the file. It should work.