I am drowning in emails

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Feb 24 04:18:08 EST 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:30:43 -0800 (PST)
David <chrstdvd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Russel, I faced the same problem then I quit the list and started
> over an paid attention to the emails I received.
>
> Go to this link:  and unsubscribe to getting emails period.
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/mailing_list/SubscribeDefaults.jtp?forum=1415819&k=eg9ig66w
>
> Then if you post a question here check the box at bottom that says to
> send emails to you for replies to this post.
>
> I never heard of a mailing list before either.  I thought this site
> was a Forum like what non-mailing list people think.  But it is not
> and I have been chastised several times for bitching about a forum
> that is not a forum. Hahahaha!  This freeware is a new reality,
> learn it, and you will be happy.

This assumes that I allow your mails through to the mailing list.
And it adds to my load, checking the spam, rather than you working out
how to deal with incoming emails.
I may discard your mail by mistake because I check subject lines and
email addresses first, and a mail which is titled RE: and comes from
somebody at hotmail.com has a poor chance of being checked to see if
actually refers to Gnucash.

Liz