Where to find the .SCM files

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 01:29:47 EST 2015

David wrote on Wednesday, 25 February, 2015 03:10 AM:
> Just installed MINT 17.1 a few days ago.  How I find the directory where the
> .SCM files are?  I tried command -v welcome.SCM then *.SCM and get no

I found this one.
	/usr/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report/welcome-to-gnucash.scm

I understand from this wiki page <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports> that you probably don't want to be editing those directly, but you should keep your own reports in your /home/username/.gnucash directory and then add a line into config.user to load them when you start up. This way ensures that you will back them up when you backup your home directory, and they won't get overwritten by future installs of Gnucash.

P.