can a report filter income and expense accounts by asset?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 25 12:07:23 EST 2015

smhearn <sarah.hearn at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to run a report that would display totals for two of
> my accounts, Income:Farmstore and Expenses:Farmstore, separated according to
> which of my asset accounts the income and expenses went through, e.g.
> primary checking and petty cash account - so that I know the total income
> and expenses that  were in cash, and the total that went into our checking
> account as checks, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like a Cash Flow Report.  Have you tried running that, selecting
the Income and Expense accounts in the report options?  You might need
to run two reports, one for the Income cash flow and one for the Expense
cash flow, otherwise you'll probably get the net totals.