question

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Feb 26 10:41:31 EST 2015

> You are best to create reports - the General Journal and General
> Ledger are likely the best choices - and save these to give to your
> accountant.  She can tell you what she wants to see.  The saved copies
> will be in html, but in a form that is recognized by Excel as a
> spreadsheet.

If that's not the data format that your accountant wants, you can change
it. Just because html is the format into which gnucash exports the data
doesn't mean that you have to leave the data in that format. You can
open the html file (using your browser) and copy the DATA pasting it
into a document of different format (paste "unformatted" can be of use
here) and then edit/save that.

It's what I do with my quarterly reports to the board for one of the
organizations. A lot neater appearance.

Michael D Novack

PS: For those who want to say "why doesn't gnucash itself provide this
extra editing capability" I will ;point out "why reinvent the wheel?".
Why should the gnucash developers put in the time to write an editor
when perfectly good editors already exist.