Online Quote Source for UK OEICS and Funds

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Fri Feb 27 12:23:38 EST 2015

> On Feb 26, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Peter Jackson <pj at nurtoncourt.com> wrote:
>
> Can you advise me on this and which suffix to use with the ISIN. I just
> can't get it to work.
> Thanks
> Peter

It has been quite a while since I tried retrieving info on European funds, but I believe that if they work, the ISO currency symbol is appended to the ISIN — something like 123456789GBP.

Probably the biggest problem will be that many European funds do not make their price/net asset value available to the data aggregators (Yahoo-Europe, for example).

Another problem that might occur for UK funds is that some are denominated in pence (GBp) and some in pounds (GBP). Gnucash/FinanceQuote has not always been able to parse that distinction properly. I don’t know what the current status of this problem is.

--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com