foreign currencies are shown as 0.- in default currency reports

tereque tereque at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:15:28 EST 2015

On 1/2/2015 9:18 AM, Dave H wrote:
> You may have used Tools >> Price Editor to setup each of your foreign
> currencies and clicked the "Get Quotes" button at least one to setup
> the values of the foreign currenices? That works for me and shows the
> foreign currencies in only the "Balance (Period)" and "Total" columns
> on the Accounts tab, all other columns show the equivalent AUD amount.
thanks >Tools >Price Editor works in regards to the "Accounts" tab.
Forign currency accounts are showing with an equivalent value in my
default currency now

But my report still shows 0.- for my report currency (which is not my
computer's local currency). Normally I only llok at the "report currency
(CNY)" but in order to find the cause I played around with the report
settings a little. I can display my accounts currencie's value $ or EUR
when I choose "Show Foreign Currencies" but it's not being exchanged.
the report currency shows a 0.- for those accounts. Also no exchange
rate is being shown when I mark 'Show Exchange Rates'. So I guess I need
to teach my report to look at the price editors exchange rates (which
apparantely the "Accounts" tab is doing successfully). Any idea how to
achive that?