How can I fix a spelling mistake in a memorized transaction?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 10:26:16 EST 2015

On 1/4/2015 8:40 AM, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> Suppose I entered a transaction payable to "Fred Smit".  Then, later I
> realize that I misspelled his name.  It is really "Fred Smith".  How
> can I fix that?
>
> If I edit the transaction, save it, and then try to enter another
> transaction to Fred, autofill comes up with "Fred Smit" again.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> --wpd

When I had that issue in the past, I just highlighted the incorrect
transaction in the register, right clicked it and selected Schedule...
Then I corrected both the scheduled transaction and the register
transaction, and saved them using the Enter key in each.  That would
solve the problem.

The bigger issue is when you import transactions from a bank and they
use text that you do not want to keep in your file.  In that case, you
will have to search for and individually correct each case
individually.  If you enter the transactions manually before importing
from the bank, you can use the matching feature in the import assistant
to override the undesired text.

Happy New Year

David C