Register column widths

Richard Dawson rcdawson at att.net
Sun Jan 4 13:21:42 EST 2015

How does one adjust the width of columns?  I found the balance column to be
too narrow, so I clicked and dragged on the  column boundary line in the
header.  That made that column wider, but squeezed the adjacent column.  I
tried adjusting other columns, but everythink I did seemed to make matters
worse.  Now I have a Description column that nearly fills the page and other
columns that are much too narrow.  Is there some way to get things they way I
want them?