HELP!!!

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Jan 6 11:12:00 EST 2015

  Two silly questions: Can the forum replace the mailing list to free up
my in-box (I go would go to the forum to start new threads or to read
others) instead of using my email, and if so, how?)

While this isn't REALLY a gnucash matter but a "know how to use your
email client" matter maybe we do need to discuss solutions.

1) You can of course change your list preference to "digest" as
described. That will reduce the volume, but personally I never cared for
digest mode. That also only reduces the volume for this list and doesn't
address the more general "too much email in the inbox".

2) You can change the behavior of your email client so that instead of
leaving incoming mail from this list in your inbox it instead appears
directly in a mail folder dedicated to the list. I can't tell you
exactly how you do that because how you setup such rules depends on what
email client you use (or the way your webmail works if you are using
that instead of email). We'd go crazy around here if we had to manually
go through and separate all the incoming email! Instead, maybe 90% of it
goes directly to the mail folder established for that email source (for
example, every mail list we are on would have one, the vendors with
which we do business, etc.).

It's been over a decade since I used the MS Outlook client for mail, but
it could do this. For those of you using Thunderbird and can't figure
out on your own how to set up mail folders and then "message filter
rules" to move incoming mail there contact me off this list. But first
please do look up those topics on your own.

Michael