HELP!!!

pamela criscione pamjcu17 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 07:56:00 EST 2015

Dear Johannes -

I have gone to the home page, and attempted to subscribe. It advised me
that I would receive an email once I was cleared, so to speak. I never
heard back or received anything.

I have two major questions:

First, I am attempting to use GnuCash 2.6.4-5 on my new MacBook Air. I keep
my GnuCash files on a USB stick and want to work with them on my (2014)
MacBook Air. However, if I open the application and try to 'open' my file,
I can't.  For all intents and purposes, I have the same iOS and the same
version of the app and can't understand why I can't use the files created
on the iMac on the MBA.

If I launch 'Finder' and select the file I want to open, GnuCash launches
just fine but I'm left staring at a blank screen with "Unsaved Book" in the
Title Bar.

I also need to find out if and I how I can export my files from GnuCash
into Quicken or Quick Books, or another financial software program where
assistance and tutorials are more accessible. There doesn't seem to be much
support for GnuCash in the US; no one I've contacted has any familiarity
with it.

I'd really appreciate any ideas from any of you who have experience with
GnuCash.

All the best,

Pam