Gnucash report fault

John Moore johnmooresj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 04:32:45 EST 2015

I have tried logging on as a new user.  The gnucash logo was on the new
screen and it started up OK,  BUT it did not bring any data with it.   I
tried to copy over one of the data files from Administrator, but it did not
show up in gnucash.
I tried the 'Compatibility' procedure you suggested, but no data appeared
on the screen.
Then I tried the Report request and there was NO CRASH !  However, neither
was there any data, of course.

When I went back to the original admin screen there was no 'compatibility'
option,  but the request for Records crashed as usual.  I dont think I gave
you the exact message "MS Visual C++  Runtime Library// Runtime requests to
terminate in an unusual way.."

I will try "debugging with gdb".

By the way, I do not think I ever used Lilypond.

Thanks for all the effort !  I have been using Gnucash for years under W XP
and no problems.  Would the switchover to W7 be responsible?  I used the CD
that came with this desktop computer about 5 years ago - there was an
option to have W XP installed but allowing one to switch over to W7
whenever I liked.

The other John !  - - Moore - originally from Ireland