download and install gnucash on iMac OSX

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Jan 16 04:34:59 EST 2015

On Thu 15 January 15 16:34:15 Eldon Fredericks wrote:

> Colin on this mailing list suggested:
>
> Click on the Accounts tab so that you see list of all the accounts.
> Click on the one that is giving the problem and click on the icon in
> the toolbar with a bank(?) and a pen on it, it shows Edit Account when
> you hover over it.  There you should see a checkbox for Placeholder.
> Did you set that when you created the account though?  Which account
> are you having the problem with?
>
> Well, I could not find any icon that looks like a bank with a pen on it.
>
> Does this software not work on the Mac? Does it truly connect to the
> Internet page for each use session????
>
> Help!
>
> Eldon Fredericks

Hi Eldon.

>From the accounts list, select the account you are having problems with and
then Edit Menu -> Edit Account.  That should bring up the same dialogue box
that Colin was talking about.

I don't use any Apple product at the moment, but I believe that the
combination of GC & MAC works for many people.  GC on linux does not *require*
an internet connection, I assume the same is true on OSX versions, but am
totally unfamiliar with the install procedure.

Best regards,
Maf.