Alternate Accounting Period for Reports

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 06:17:51 EST 2015

Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:16:13
<CABWddoTgBk2JytkMNsEkExE_1RYYnCs3VEGoOF=c1LjbgzSg4w at mail.gmail.com>
Jason Martin

[please reply to the list]

>Thanks for the replies.  Does setting the "Edit / Preferences /
>Accounting period / Absolute" have other side effects over leaving it
>default?  Anything I'll have to watch out for if I set it?

Not that I can think of, it is mainly a convenience for reporting
purposes if your financial period (which gnc allows you to change)
doesn't match up with calendar years / quarters / months.

e.g. an org I'm working with uses a UK academic year as their financial
year so I set the accounting periods appropriately using absolute and
then just change the years as needed when I run through the report
series, the individual reports all just use Start of accounting period /
End of accounting period.

If I've understood what you are trying to do correctly you'd set
absolute periods of (say)
2015-01-25 and 2015-02-24
report on accounting period and shift the month onwards as and when

--
Wm...