Alternate Accounting Period for Reports

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 18:24:17 EST 2015

Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:50:04
<CABWddoR1UnJxVhDR4uqru2qfr78e1pmNU3_VCwU5EwdA8kW0Pg at mail.gmail.com>
Jason Martin

>Wm,
>  You understand exactly what I'm trying to do.  I've been playing around
>with the accounting period in the preferences, and it appears the only way
>to really make that work would be to adjust the accounting period to
>encompass exactly the boundaries of the previous month.  Seems there should
>be a better way to do this, but I think it will work.

What better way ?  Your use is idiosyncratic, most other accounting
systems in this class would simply say, "no, you must use our
understanding of accounting periods".

gnc is allowing you the arbitrary reporting periods you want because it
is aware they are views on a stream of transactions

if you want to produce a balance sheet on your birthday last year, gnc
doesn't have a problem with that.

it seems to me that having found something that offers you your very
specific accounting periods as well as an infinite variety you want
something else.

again: please reply to the list.  this isn't just between you and me

--
Wm...