Alternate Accounting Period for Reports

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 08:14:43 EST 2015

On Jan 16, 2015, at 6:12 PM, Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Has it occurred to you [not you, Derek], a person wanting specific days
> in a month, that M/D/Y is just about the least intelligent way of
> ordering a year number, a month number and a day number ?

While I might agree, and the ISO agrees with you and me as well (there are two ISO standards - day/month/year and year/month/day), it happens that pretty much the entire USA uses the Month-Day-Year format, probably because it translates directly from the way they prefer to say/write dates in words: January 18, 2015.

And getting the entire USA to switch that, would probably be harder than getting them to go metric.