Re: Unofficial GnuCash Forum

Mark Ruzicka markruzicka at outlook.com
Sun Jan 18 23:52:59 EST 2015

Worry not, the site is down and redirects to www.gnucash.org.

From: Tommy Trussell
Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎January‎ ‎18‎, ‎2015 ‎7‎:‎32‎ ‎PM
To: Dave H
Cc: Mark Ruzicka, gnucash-user at gnucash.org

I have been following this discussion with interest, even though I don't use Nabble and I configured Gmail to present the GnuCash mailing lists in a way that (mostly) works OK for me.

To summarize this thread, it sounds like a significant fraction of folks would prefer a threaded "discussion forum" format, and for various reasons don't want to or don't know how to set up their email software to display the lists' messages as discussion threads. OR they feel other users seeking help find the process a significant enough barrier to keep them from using the email list.

I gather one complaint about Nabble as a forum-like view of the lists is that its search capabilities are deficient. I found a help page on Nabble describing their search capabilities. However I haven't played around with it so maybe the searches do not work so well in practice.

   http://n5.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=31

Oh, and if I recall, another complaint about Nabble in the past has been its presentation of advertising.