Placeholder doesn't consolidate amounts entered into subaccounts

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 15:29:16 EST 2015

Thu, 22 Jan 2015 12:19:57
<CACyBqMccXDToWuYQ+jXwgKbC3y2rEfHyri7zpzMr0arDjTqD2g at mail.gmail.com>
Craig Roberson <dghousead at gmail.com>

>I have set up the following account structure:
>
>Investments
>   Vanguard
>       Money Market
>          Prime Money Market Fund
>
>I set up the top three as placeholder accounts (Assets) and the Prime Money
>Market Fund as a Fund Account.  My issue is that when I generate a balance
>in the Prime Money Market Fund Account, it is not consolidated upward into
>the parent accounts.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Security / Currency combinations make sense all the way up the
tree starting from the bottom.

If you are noticing this on a report and have just created the accounts

- try Options / Accounts / Set default for the standard Balance Sheet
for instance, it doesn't know about new accounts unless you tell it to
look again

- also ck the reports currency, price source, show foreign currencies /
exchange rates etc.

- and: have you actually got prices for gnc to work with ?

That should cover most likely situations

--
Wm...