General Ledger no longer clears itself after pressing enter

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jan 23 13:51:11 EST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, January 23, 2015 1:15 pm, jsp_1983 wrote:
> My general ledger used to clear the transaction entries in it when I
> pressed
> enter/return, sending them to the relevant accounts. I don't know how, but
> this has changed so that pressing enter/return doesn't clear the entries,
> but takes me to a new line to enter a transaction. I don't know what was
> pressed/changed, but I'd like to put it back to how it was. How can I do
> this?

My first guess is that before you were entering in transactions in the
past (i.e., the transaction date was at least 2 months ago), but now you
are entering more current transactions (within the last month).  Is this
correct?

The GL, by default, only shows transactions within the last month or so.
That setting can be changed.  But rest assured that the posting to your
accounts is happening even when the GL still shows the (current)
transactions.

Hope this helps,

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745