access server from a Win7 gnucash 2.6.3?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jan 24 10:54:03 EST 2015

On Saturday 23 August 2014 13:26:35 tereque wrote:
> I used to use gnucash on linux but circumstances have stranded me on a
> Win7 machine.
> How can you browse to a server/shared folder with the filebrowser of
> gnucash?
> I just don't getit and need to make local coppies day in day out now
> which drives me crazy
> ... what's the trick that I am apparently missing?

I didn't see a replay to this question. Sorry I'm so late - I'm cleaning
up my mail backlog.

I don't think the filebrowser in gnucash is capable of browsing server
shares as you can in Windows Explorer (\\servername\share\bla).

What you can do is assign a drive letter to the share using Windows
Explorer. Then you can open that drive letter in the gnucash file
browser.

Regards,

Geert