Problems Posting Payments to an Invoice

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 24 13:52:07 EST 2015

Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:10:43
<26606294.1421885443826.JavaMail.root at elwamui-darkeyed.atl.sa.earthlink.n
et>  Terry Morse <tmorse at teleport.com>

>GNUCash 2.6.3 on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop.
>
>In reviewing my "client's" (actually a friend; I'm doing this for free)
>accounts to generate year-end tax reports for her customers, I added
>some charges to the beginning of a customer's invoice that are credited
>to the income account "Income: Sales." When I try to enter payments for
>the new entries (either before or after reposting the invoice) through
>the Process Payment dialogue box, there is no outstanding balance
>listed in the Documents field to which I can link the payment. Hence, I
>am not able to enter the payment. The "post to" account is Accounts
>Receivable and the transfer account is Orphan--USD.
>
>What am I doing wrong here?

Ummm, you've got a top level account called Orphan--USD have you had a
look at what is inside it ?  You may find a transaction leg that, once
returned to where it belongs, helps to clear things up.

I'm guessing no-one has responded so far because we sort of think it is
obvious to sort the Orphan out before worrying about other stuff.

--
Wm...