handling multiple entities in single book : issue with trading accounts

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 09:24:24 EST 2015

Sun, 18 Jan 2015 15:28:40
<CAB2pxDsgGCceuRYbsciYK+jNt6-wR9AgXkuSB7KNuyddofyO4g at mail.gmail.com>
Sébastien de Menten <sdementen at gmail.com>

>[ A MIME application / x-gnucash part was included here. ]

I guess I'm probably the only person that has looked at that, S, and all
I can say is that it is weird to see.

I still don't understand why you haven't included Equity.

time passes

OK, if I create a top level account and try to move any of your common
or person accounts under that gnc complains, I think I know why that is
but do you?

I get this
===
The selected account type is incompatible with the one of the selected
parent
===

An intervention by way of showing people things can be done isn't very
impressive if it breaks on first use.

I like you but find you frustrating.  Perhaps the feeling is mutual?
Either way we are both exploring and discovering so no need to be upset,
maybe we should just say things at each other and see what sticks.

--
Wm...