handling multiple entities in single book : issue with trading accounts

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 10:04:18 EST 2015

Sun, 25 Jan 2015 01:20:27
<CAB2pxDsbAnGwsQTd=kygsE4tvpZRm3vhKz-g=frKDZAt0w7h3Q at mail.gmail.com>
Sébastien de Menten <sdementen at gmail.com>

Wm:
>  You are doing it wrong, Sébastien, you have neglected Equity, again!
>
>  This will never make sense until you undrstand certain accounting
>  things.
>
>  It is very simple, really: to introduce money into a "book" it has
>  to come from somewhere
>
>The sample here above are just examples to illustrate the two way of
>organising accounts, in my tree of accounts I have indeed also the
>equity for opening balances.  Money in my book comes from the income
>accounts (except for opening balances). I do not understand well what I
>am supposed to not understand...

You are wanting gnc to consolidate more than one "book" in gnc terms.

I want to do the same thing too for fund accounting / non profit /
charity.

You and I are both clever enough to force a gnc book to our liking, the
question is should we be doing that?

I may be wrong but your model seems to break as soon as it is used in a
non static way.

My model acknowledges real life and transactions happening.

--
Wm...