Entering alt codes; was: Question

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 11:04:12 EST 2015

On 1/25/2015 4:53 AM, Wm wrote:
> Sat, 24 Jan 2015 23:54:15 <54C42297.1090809 at gmail.com>  Frank H.
> Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com>
>
> Ummm, I'm top posting.  Sorry
>
> I've no idea what the original question was but using the sqlite3
> storage backend may help if special characters are confusing the xml
> storage.
>
>> Hi Albert,
>
>> I have to confess "I never tried it." - I found all I needed with
>> [AltGr]+...
>
>> So I forward your email to the GnuCash user list, which is always the
>> bettter place for such questions.
>
>> See http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more details about
>> our mailing lists.
>
>> Cheers
>> Frank
>
> Am 23.01.2015 um 23:32 schrieb Angelsdtp:
>> I am in process of considering using gnucash /with or in lieu of/
> Quicken.
>>
>> Had no problem essentially importing quicken files. In doing so, the
>> multitude of
>> various symbols I have been using to code various elements came
> through
>> just fine. However,
>> I cannot enter them unless I copy/paste which becomes rather tedious.
>>
>> Examples:
>> @
>> ©
>> etc.
>>
>>     all easily entered by Alt+0+3 digits, pretty standard technique..
>>
>> Thus far I've not found any way to do so. Is there such capability?
>>
>> Thank you!

I cannot answer your question but I can tell you that the answer may
vary depending on which version of GnuCash you are using, which
particular fields you are having trouble with, which operating
system(and version) your machine is using, which local settings you are
using, and possibly other font-significant issues.

If you tell us about those, there may be a developer who can answer your
question.

David C