Loyalty Fund Account

Jill Terry zen148517 at zen.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 10:47:53 EST 2015

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I'm still at a loss how to do
this.  Apologies if I quoted incorrectly, I simply copied and pasted
from the website. I've no idea what you mean when you say, So it does......

You say that It depends on the point in the account tree you are
creating the new account under. I have tried creating a new account
under Assets > Current Assets and cannot change the type from
Currency.   I have also tried creating a new top level account but still
cannot change type from Currency and still no NEW available.

Cheers
Jill

On 25/01/2015 15:30, Wm wrote:
> Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:56:20 <54C50414.1070902 at babrees.co.uk>  Jill Terry
> <jill at babrees.co.uk>
>
> [please use normal quoting]
>
>> Using GnuCash 2.6.5?
>> ?
>> Trying to set up an account to track reward miles.  Looking at 10.2.1 ?
>> User Defined Currencies ?
>> http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/currency_acct1.html?
>> ?
>> It states, "The first method is to define a new security, of type ?
>> *FUND*, called RewardMiles. This is pretty straightforward–when you ?
>> create the new *LoyaltyGroupRewardMiles* account, just set the account ?
>> type to *Stock* or *Mutual Fund*, click the Select... button next to
>> the ?
>> *Security/currency:* box, and click New to define a new security of
>> type ?
>> *FUND*."?
>
> So it does.  Strange, XXX and friends have been quiet until I
> mentioned them recently.  Presumably they are there for some use.
>
>> Sounds simple, except that When I create a new account the only
>> account ?
>> type I have is CURRENCY and there is no "New" in the Security/currency ?
>> box either.?
>
> It depends on the point in the account tree you are creating the new
> account under.
>
>> Is this another bug or am I simply being a dumb blonde??
>
> I don't think you are being dumb regardless of hair colour.

---