Loyalty Fund Account

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 25 11:42:08 EST 2015

Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:47:53 <54C51029.304 at zen.co.uk>  Jill Terry
<zen148517 at zen.co.uk>

>Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I'm still at a loss how to do
>this.

Sure, I'm wondering why you want to do this after I've told you how!

Perhaps you'll be so kind as to return the favour.

>  Apologies if I quoted incorrectly, I simply copied and pasted from
>the website. I've no idea what you mean when you say, So it does......

Ordinary, I just wasn't aware the XXX use had been documented and I
happened to mention it to a Canadian chap in this place in the last few
days.  Probably co-incidence.

>You say that It depends on the point in the account tree you are
>creating the new account under. I have tried creating a new account
>under Assets > Current Assets and cannot change the type from Currency.
>I have also tried creating a new top level account but still cannot
>change type from Currency and still no NEW available.

Start from Equity.  Create a new account under that and choose XXX as
the Security/currency.  I haven't tried this extensively but maybe gnc
has a rule that says "you can't have an asset or liability without a
matching Equity account" or something like that.

I can certainly do transactions in units of XXX without gnc knowing what
they are.  Heck, I don't know what they are ... which may be the idea.

--
Wm...