subsequent year

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 18:59:05 EST 2015

Del,

There's a multitude of ways to get to it ....

1. Go to the link I provided
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#GnuCash_Files_and_managing_a_GnuCash_installation
and scroll up to the top it's all on one page :-)
2. Go to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ
3. Go to the Gnucash home page (presumably where you would have downloaded
Gnucash from ?) at http://www.gnucash.org/ and click on the wiki link under
support on the left hand side of the page - 3rd block of links down the
page and then click on the "The GnuCash FAQ
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ> contains the collection of all
frequently asked questions about GnuCash, including administration,
accounting, and glossary questions" link
4. Google Gnucash wiki - the top result will take you there

There's also a separate windows section at
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows

Cheers Dave.

ps have you got "File Extensions" turned on in Windows Explorer as
mentioned by Colin Law so that when you are looking at the gnucash folder
you can see what file is what ?

Also if you open your Gnucash data file and go to Edit and then preferences
you can set the number of days to "Retain log/backup files:" - the options
are Never, Forever and for a number of days - I left mine at 30 as I don't
care about the additional backups/logs filling up a directory but your
needs may be different.