50/50 split on partnership return

vincent vincent.fortune at live.com
Sun Jan 25 20:29:49 EST 2015

hi, I'm new to Gnucash. I hope this turns out to be a simple question for you
guys. I have a small business with my partner and we have to file 3 tax
returns, one for our partnership, and one each under our own names. I've
done the income/expenses for the partnership, but there must be a way of
creating 2 accounts, one in each of our names, and getting gnucash to put
half the expenses in mine and half in hers and half the income in mine, and
half in hers, so that we have one account with the total income/expenses for
the partnership, and 50% of the total income/expenses in each of our
accounts. Other than going through each entry and transferring half the
amount to each, I can't immediately see a way to do it. Thanks in advance