Initial Account Setup

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 26 12:54:18 EST 2015

Hi Lawrence,

Lawrence Robinson <lrobinsonjr at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello. After installing GNUCash for the first time, I inadvertently
> removed two of the main screens which left me with only the Accounts
> screen; and, after finding that I could not get the other 2 screens
> back on the page, I uninstalled the GNUCash and deleted all references
> from the registry. However, to my dismay, reinstalling the software
> only brought the one Accounts screen back, so now I am completely at a
> loss as to how to get all 3 default screens back such that when I open
> GNUCash they all show up. Seems like something trivial and simple but
> it's escaping me and causing me no shortage of grief. Any direction to
> fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> Lawrence RobinsonNew GNUCash User

I'm not exactly sure what "main screens" you lost, as GnuCash comes with
a single screen and anything else is just opened by you during the
course of your work.  GnuCash will remember anything that was opened
when you exit and re-open it when you start.  But without knowing what
it was that you had opened before it's hard to say exactly what you
should do to re-open them.

Most likely you had open registers or open reports.  In the former case
you can just switch to your Accounts tab and then find the account
registers you had open.  Double click on the account to open the
register.

In the case of open reports you will need to re-run the report.  Go to
the Report menu and choose the report(s) you had open.

Hope this helps.