Initial Account Setup

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 27 10:23:36 EST 2015

Hi Lawrence,

First, please remember to CC the list on all replies using your mailer's
reply-to-list or reply-all functionality.  This allows other people to
help answer your questions.

Lawrence Robinson <lrobinsonjr at yahoo.com> writes:

> Thanks Derek. I installed then subsequently removed GNUCash several times
> without ever actually working with it. The default screens that came up after
> the initial install were the ones I was struggling to get back and couldn't
> locate them, so thanks for clarifying that closing certain screens is a none
> issue because I was really struggling with something I thought I'd done wrong.
> Your timely response was much appreciated!

I'm still not exactly sure what "default screens" you're talking about.
Do you mean the "New File" druid, that lets you create a new file?  Do
you mean the splash screen?  Do you mean the Tip-of-the-Day box?  I'm
not sure what exactly you're talking about.  Pretty much anything can be
opened again.

Saying that, uninstalling and re-installing wont affect your state.
Application state is stored elsewhere and not removed when you uninstall
the application.  This is considered a feature.  Imagine if you lost all
your spreadsheets and word documents any time you took an Office update!

Good Luck,

> Lawrence

-derek