Invoices/Receipts and PayPal fees

Jill Terry jill at babrees.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 06:19:28 EST 2015

Apologies if you get this twice, but I think my first post was possibly
removed as I messed up!

Situation: non-profit club that does not issue customer invoices, but
members payments need to be tracked so I can immediately say who paid
for what.

In QuickBooks I would enter a receipt, on which I stated where it's paid
into. If they paid by PayPal I would include the fees as a discount
allocated to an expense account.  Hence just one transaction.

In Gnu is there a better way than to do an invoice, then immediately
process payment and finally enter the PayPal fees, which is three
transactions?

Thanks
Jill

---