Chapter 8 - investment accounts

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 13:55:55 EST 2015

Sat, 31 Jan 2015 09:35:44 <1422725744037-4675554.post at n4.nabble.com>
Jamestk <davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk>

[nothing snipped, I'm guessing he is referring to the Subject: ]

>I don't currently use the double entry method for recording profit/loss on
>stocks and shares for reasons above.

I didn't know you could do it another way with gnc.

>Every now and then I ponder on other solutions to the problem which may be a
>little more automated than manually entering profit/loss as you, after all
>you have the net figures there, just a case of getting a balance.

A balance can indeed say that.  What it won't tell you is what changed.

If you want to treat all your investments as one big lump I don't think
gnc prevents you from doing that.

>I accept it's probably a whole lot easier to do at the time, but even so
>still a lot of extra data entry/categories required.

OK, what was the actual question?