Building GnuCash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jul 1 09:52:06 EDT 2015

> On Jul 1, 2015, at 5:10 AM, Pedro Albuquerque <palbuquerque73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From one error to another. Package swig was also missing, now installed.
> But now there is something about adjusting  paths.
>
> Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps
> you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc' to the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'libxml-2.0' found
> configure: error: Library requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.5.10) not met;
> consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
> libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>
> So I downloaded this, but can't figure out what to do with it. I'm
> beginning to think it's too much for a simple translator.

You don’t need to build dependencies, your distro has already done that for you. You just need to install them. There’s an easy way in many distros to get all of the prerequisites (and there are tons) installed. I included the link to our FAQ describing them in another thread just yesterday: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_heard_it_is_too_hard_to_compile_GnuCash.21

But you probably don’t need to build it yourself. Just get the latest release of 2.6.x you can find already packaged for your distro. Create your translation or edit the existing one, compile it to a .mo file and replace the gnucash.mo in /usr/share/locale/pt, then start GnuCash to test it.

Regards,
John Ralls