Split transaction problem

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 18:49:40 EDT 2015

Denis,

Could you explain how you have the empty splits in the first place? You would only get them if you either imported a transaction with them already there, or if you entered the splits yourself. They are not going to just appear in your data file otherwise.

Also, it may not be clear to you, but each transaction is made up of two or more splits, and it is possible to delete a split without deleting the transaction.

Further, it is important to know that you have different register view modes that change what you see on screen; to see all the splits in a transaction you may have to click the Splits button.

Now, if you are in split view mode and are on the split you want to delete, you delete the split without deleting the transaction. Dave H.’s method will work (assuming you have a right mouse button!), but you can also click the Delete button on the toolbar. When you are inside a transaction, and on a split line, the delete button will only remove the active split, which is not apparent from the screen.

David