tracking bank service charges

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 17:29:08 EDT 2015

Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:52:34 <1435866754177-4679157.post at n4.nabble.com>  gg
<gg at mailinator.com>

>Yes I read the guide.
>I created a standard accounts set by doing File->New File and choosing
>'Business' accounts set or something like this. I got a huge list of
>accounts for business, divided into Assets, Equity, Expenses, Income and
>Liability sections.
>
>When I create an Invoice, post in and then later do Process Payment for it,
>the gnucash registers received money into Income->Sales and Current Assets
>accounts. But to pay Expenses I can't use Current Assets, I can only use
>its' child accounts, such as Checking for example.
>
>It looks like this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/nKazoTK.png

I've had a look at the screenshot and you need to go to the Accounts tab
and then from the menu choose
Actions / Check & Repair / Check & Repair all

Since you don't seem to have many transactions you might want to start
again with A Simple Checkbook

I don't think you have said that you are a refugee from another
accounting methodology but it sounds like you might be.  One of the joys
of gnc is that if you start simple you can easily move transactions into
appropriate sub accounts as your Chart of Accounts expands with you.

--
Wm...