New version 2.6.7 Help files not included ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jul 3 22:35:41 EDT 2015

> On Jul 3, 2015, at 6:53 PM, L. D. James <ljames at apollo3.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Den.  Most likely you have your help files.  Sorry for so many messages between having a reply, but I performed the steps I advised you to do and the help files are installed.
>
> First I did exactly what you said you did.  I installed without uninstalling the previous version.  I thought that was sufficient because the message says the previous version has to be uninstalled first, and it appeared to be doing that process, when ask for a confirmation to understand, and said it was uninstalling it.
>
> I guess that uninstall isn't complete.  I use windows to uninstall facility, then installed and the help files work with this completely fresh install.
>
> Hope this helps anyone else having problems accessing the builtin help feature... it works!

Can you test http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/releases/gnucash-2.6.7-setup.exe, please? There was a problem with the build so I took a couple of shortcuts to get a Win32 bundle for the release. This URI is for the regular automatic build, which finished the following day. If it’s correct I’ll replace the bundle on sourceforge with this one.

Regards,
John Ralls