GNUCash Import QIF - Help Please!

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:06:55 EDT 2015

Hello Derek!

As it was small vacation? You did greatly missed here!

> GT-I9070 H <gti9070h at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Until GnuCash Desktop to open a gateway to import Exchange Rates, GnuCash
> > Android is impaired to support multiple currencies.
>
> Actually, current versions of GnuCash Android can load and save GnuCash
> data files directly (apparently)..

I saw but have not tested this feature yet.

As far as I know there is no way to transfer GnuCash Android exchange rates
for the GnuCash Desktop.

> > GnuCash Android with few modifications could also generate files "QIG"
> format.
>
> You'll need to talk to them about that.

Yes, I sometimes talk with Ngewi Fet, but first I need to talk to you.

I need to know what you think best about GnuCash Desktop importer.

Stay as it is, updating to accept "QIF" (or something like that), or update
CSV importer to accept taxes or even better suggestion?

Update the GnuCash importer to accept rates that would open this
communication with the GnuCash Android and give users alternative to use
new approaches to work with multicurrency such with this we are discussing
above.

The final word is yours!

Thanks.

Regards